Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lakshman_1031
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to Merge the Two Dashboards into single dashboard automatically

Hi All,

I have two Dashboards like sales and Orders.

sales having  two sheets and Orders having 3 sheets.

Normally we are adding Manually  like copy each object and past the another dashboard.

is there any possibility to add two dashboards into single dashboard automatically.

If possible Please suggest me how to add two dashboards automatically.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Macros should be your last resort when creating applications, I agree with the other poster regarding the best practice method to solve the use case.  If you still wish to pursue the macro option, here is a link to the API Guide for QlikView where you will find the available APIs:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Subsystems/Automation/Content/QV_Automation...

Best I can offer, you can search the community for prior posts regarding macros as there are quite a few out here, one of those may have some sample code to assist further.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
maushmi
Contributor II
Contributor II

It is not possible to directly  merge two dashboards in to single dashboard.

For adding two dashboard in to single Dashboard in this case two dashboards Sales.qvw and Orders.qvw

•   One simple method is given below:
  1. You can use Binary  load (Orders.qvw into Sales.qvw now Load the Sales.qvw).
  2. Now Copy and paste  all UI objects from Orders.Qvw to Sales.Qvw automatically all objects will have data.
  3. In case if objects do not have data you need to check the data model properly.

• You can also try this second Approach.
  1. Open the script of orders file and copy the entire Script (Code from Order file).
  2. Now Paste the code of Order file  into Sales.qvw.
  3. After pasting the code Run the app Sales.qvw and check the Data model if it is without any issues(like Circular loops and Synthetic Tables,Duplicate variables formation).
  4. once all done Copy all UI objects from Orders.qvw and paste into Sales.qvw.

• Third Approach for merging Two dashboards is:

First integrate the data model of both the dashboards into single. Then you can easily create a single frontend which will be the unified dashboard. But  to create a common data model will depend on your data and requirement.

You can also try to  link the two dashboards i.e. orders.qvw and sales.qvw or to create a mash up (website integration of your charts). Different objects can be placed from multiple QlikView objects onto one dashboard is that you can create a web page with use of  QlikView’s Mashup features.

The method used  for intergration is:

1. For referencing QlikView objects from various QlikView documents, QlikView Mashups can be used.
  2. WebPageViewer extension can be used.
  3. when you have to reference the external objects, you can keep all the instances of the WebPageViewer extension on single sheet.
  4.  For  prior selecting dimensions which are common in all external documents, you need to pass parameters to those external objects while referencing.
Lakshman_1031
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Maushmi,

Thanks for your replay.

We are transferring variables from one qvw to another qvw using macros code.

Is there any way to use macros to transfer sheets and Objects from one  qvw to anther qvw automatically.

If possible please suggest me how to write the macros code.

Thanks & Regards,

lakshman 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Macros should be your last resort when creating applications, I agree with the other poster regarding the best practice method to solve the use case.  If you still wish to pursue the macro option, here is a link to the API Guide for QlikView where you will find the available APIs:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Subsystems/Automation/Content/QV_Automation...

Best I can offer, you can search the community for prior posts regarding macros as there are quite a few out here, one of those may have some sample code to assist further.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.