Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Solve Requirements for Excel Export?

Our Customer has some requirements I hope the community can help us with. I supposeothers have or will have the same requirements, so I hope this can help others to.

In the model there are 20-30 reports. There is a need to export most of these to Excel.We have a macro that does this job nicely, so if you load the model locally it’s no problem. Then you can do your selections, choose wanted report and get an Excel export with the macro.

But macro’s is not available through the IEplugin or Ajax support. And if you run the Thickclient (Developer) and connect to server Qlikview seem to use active-x there also, so the macro is not available there either.

There are more than 100 users who need access to this model. The model is rather big already(more than 3GB) and will increase. Upgrading 100 computers, copying model to these computers and running it in the developer is not a solution.

Does anyone have any creative ideas how to solve this?

Any help would be much appriciated.

best regards'

Knut Einar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

What we have done and learned:

1) Macro can run with the IEPlugin. Importent to give the macro system access. That can be checked with ctrl+shift+M, when you have opened the model with the IEPlugin.

So if any users of the modell now want an Excel report they can easily do that 🙂

2) We also have created a macro that loops through the customers and generate some of the reports for Excel.

This is triggered after a reload of the modell.

Hope this can help others understand what's possible.

best regards

Knut Einar Reppen

bWise AS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

One approach would be to export these reports in one place and distribute them to the users either through a network drive or via some other medium.

If they all have access to the documents from the QVS though I don't really see the need for generating Excel reports on every client machine?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks a lot for the reply. I tried to keep my post as short as possible, so why we want this was not explained.

The model is used by people in different roles in a Travel Agency. One of them are Key Account Managers(KAM).

We have the reports(pdf) generated by Publisher once every month. We will do the same with the Excel macro. This cover some of the needs, just as you said. These reports are sent to big customers(companies) of the travel agency.

These customers also have Ad hoc request with different filtering needs. The KAM's use Qlikview and can do that and choose the wanted report to generate the PDF. But we also need the report in Excel format, which we can do with the macro.

So I'm afraid we still need this Excel export. The Customer don't have access to Qlikview and that's not wanted either.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

What we have done and learned:

1) Macro can run with the IEPlugin. Importent to give the macro system access. That can be checked with ctrl+shift+M, when you have opened the model with the IEPlugin.

So if any users of the modell now want an Excel report they can easily do that 🙂

2) We also have created a macro that loops through the customers and generate some of the reports for Excel.

This is triggered after a reload of the modell.

Hope this can help others understand what's possible.

best regards

Knut Einar Reppen

bWise AS