Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator

How to activate a linked object upon clicking a button

Dear Friends and Community Members ,

I want to activate a linked object upon clicking a button.

For example, in my QV document I have 2 sheets named as A and B. In sheet A, I have created a chart object (Object ID = CH01) and then copied and pasted it into sheet B as a linked object (via Paste as Linked Object option). In sheet B, when I check object properties I can see Object ID is same i.e. CH01 since it is a linked object.

I can activate Parent Object CH01 in sheet A without any issue upon a button click using Action property of the button but it doesn't work for sheet B. In sheet B when I do that, it activates parent Object in sheet A rather than activating linked object.

As a hit and try, I also tried "This.CH01" which we general do in Java to refer current object but that doesn't work

Please help. Thanks for your help with this in advance.

Gaurav

3 Replies
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Folks,

Please help. I am still waiting for an answer to this question. Any idea on how can we do it? or is it possible?

Thanks,

Gaurav

avinashelite

I guess its a bug !!! only the Parent object will get activated ..you need to create a separate object and achieve the functionality but the objects won't be linked

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks for your response Avinsh. I think there should be  a way to achive it via linked object otherwise what is the use of linked object.

I will keep this question open other community members to see their insights into.

Thanks,

Gaurav