Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to automate the final table box selection?

Hi Everyone,

I want to fully automate the process starting from execution of the script to generation of the report. I am successful in implementing the first part through a scheduler. The problem lies in the fact that how am I going to automate the selection process of the columns in the table box format? Presently I manually select the fields and add them on the right hand side under 'Fields Displayed in Tablebox' and click 'Apply' to generate the report. I don't want this process to be manually done.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

16 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Trigger the selections and Printing of the report on the event "On Open Document"

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QMC_Documents_SourceDocuments_Trigg...

http://www.qgate.co.uk/knowledge/adding-default-selections-in-qlikview/

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does the number of columns change every time?  Do you just need the data exported to Excel or something?

Can you explain a little more?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Wallow,

No the number of columns don't change every time. I am providing an example screenshot of my requirement here QLIK.PNG

These two fields say 'A' and 'B' are fixed. Each time I run the script, these two fields will appear in the available fields for selection and I need both the fields to generate the report. Now the requirement is that I don't want to click 'Add All>>' and then select 'Apply' tab to generate the table box report. This should be automatically done after the execution of the script so that no manual intervention is required. After this another requirement is that the report generated should be exported to excel.But first of all this selection process has to be automated.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Arghya,

If you place the table box with the correct fields in the QVW, then after reload you would just have to pick up the table box object, right?

Why would you want to add these fields every time the report is generated?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ronald,

Actually the screenshot I have posted is mistakenly of the list box selection step. I don't require that. The correct screenshot is

QLIK 2.PNG

Now I want to automate this step and what I want is this:

Table Box.PNG

the table box directly after the execution of the script. I need to know where do I have to make the changes to bypass the previous step so that I don't have to select the fields manually.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

why do you need to create this table box everytime you do a reload??

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
avinashelite

In Table box we don't have the capability to handle the fields display via expression , so one way to make this happen is to create the place holder fields in the script and add them in advance

or

You could check for any macro code to do this dynamically

Or

use the straight table in place of Tables box and based on the availability of the field hide and show the field with the help of the expression

Hope this helps you to get some idea

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vineeth,

I need this to export the table box to an excel sheet by selecting the 'XL' option present on the top right corner of the table box. I need to automate this step also but unable to achieve it till now. As I am new to Qlikview, I am asking these very basic questions may be but I will be grateful for your help. As I am manually exporting the table box to an excel sheet, I need to create this table box every time I do a reload.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

avinashelite

Why don't you had a table box as an object in your QVW and keep it ? so that every time its refresh its always their no need to add every time . Its very basic i don't know what stopping you here ?