Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to avoid duplicates when export to excel?

Hi,

I have one table which have dimension CustomerID with duplicates. for each CustomerID there are multiple unique ID. My user don't want to see duplicates in CustomerID when exported to excel. but wants all CustomerID with ID. so, I used Pivot table. In qvw it is showing only once instance of CustomerID with ID, but when exporting to excel it is showing duplicate CustomerID.

How to sort this out. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.

24 Replies
martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How confusing, I can feel your pain.

Please post a screen shot of the Chart and Excel sheet, if you can.

M.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Please see attached.

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Two things:

1. When QV sends a chart to excel, it sends the underlying data, so for example, you will get 2 rows for customer 45. If you want to avoid this you must make the chart have on one row, by removing the columns that cause that. Switch your chart to a straight table and you will see the problem.

2. The spreadsheet and the screen shot do not match, they were not created from the same object.

Regards,

M.

Not applicable
Author

sorry. The screen shot have data which exists in spread sheet.

for eg: CustomerID = 39 have two IDs 11108 and 26218

Please any help.

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Amelia,

As I mentioned above (1.), this is NORMAL behaviour when sending a pivot table to excel.

To get around this, clone your chart, and remove the ID column - use this for the send to excel (you can minimise the object on the page).

regards,

M.