Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James17Martin1
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to avoid the "Failed to Load"

Hi all,

I have been having a serious problem recently with the "Failed to load statement" that pops up when trying to open qvw files. It seems to happen when I open it and then a colleague opens it, then I open it again. What would be causing this? Unfortunately we can't avoid us both opening it throughout the day but we do make sure that we not both in it at the same time but it hasn't seem to help! Could it be due to us having different versions? 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as we keep loosing a lot of time!!!

James17Martin1_0-1598969016429.jpeg

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other thing of which I can think is you have a resource issue on the server such that the file cannot be opened due to the lack of resources, in particular memory, so when you receive the error, I would check Windows Task Manager and Performance tab to see what the free virtual memory is at that point, my hunch would be it is likely below what you need in order to open the file...  Remember, the rule of thumb for QVW files in general is it will take 4x the size on disk to open into memory, actually more than that initially if you are running 12.xx track release, as the file is saved as row-based, but we have to convert to column-based after it is first opened in memory, so it will really need 8x on average, but that could be higher or lower.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Are there any "-prj" folders in the same folder where the QVW is? Do you have both autosave enabled? Opening the same QVW by two different people can cause unexpected results or file corruption since the file is written by both of you.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other thing of which I can think is you have a resource issue on the server such that the file cannot be opened due to the lack of resources, in particular memory, so when you receive the error, I would check Windows Task Manager and Performance tab to see what the free virtual memory is at that point, my hunch would be it is likely below what you need in order to open the file...  Remember, the rule of thumb for QVW files in general is it will take 4x the size on disk to open into memory, actually more than that initially if you are running 12.xx track release, as the file is saved as row-based, but we have to convert to column-based after it is first opened in memory, so it will really need 8x on average, but that could be higher or lower.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.