Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to build Text Object which lists all Fields in use in *.qvw

Hi All,

I have an issue in QV whereby I want to create a Text Object that lists all of the fields that are used by various objects throughout our *.qvw report.

The reason for this is that we are adding/changing a number of fields, and before we do so, I want to ensure that no objects currently use a field - but if they do, I know which sheet and Object to edit.

Unfortunately, this must all be Expression based - the QVW is hosted by our IT on an external server, so adding/changing scripts is out of a question.

Any ideas on how this can be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this expression to list all the fields in the data model

=Concat($Field, ',')

If you want the details of the details which has been used or not used down the DocumentAnalyzer V1.11.qvw file from

http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/

and analyze your qvw using this. 

Choose your qvw file and click the button "Process Doc" .  After completing processing go to Fields tab, it shows the list of all fields with a flag Field is used, if there in 'N' in this field means that the field is not used anywhere in the document.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this expression to list all the fields in the data model

=Concat($Field, ',')

If you want the details of the details which has been used or not used down the DocumentAnalyzer V1.11.qvw file from

http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/

and analyze your qvw using this. 

Choose your qvw file and click the button "Process Doc" .  After completing processing go to Fields tab, it shows the list of all fields with a flag Field is used, if there in 'N' in this field means that the field is not used anywhere in the document.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Jagan,

It solved my problem for finding out whether a field was in use or not, but not where, or which object uses it.

Maybe this really would be a leap too far, given the amount of work that went into Rob's Analyzer file already!

Thanks for the help!