Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to calculate an average over other averages

HI,

I have the following pivot table, which shows per person, per weekday and per hour the number of calls over a certain periode of time.

problem.jpg

I calculate the average number of calls for this person per weekday per hour ("Average #calls") like this:

= count(DISTINCT OproepId)/count(DISTINCT OproepDatum)

OproepId = Unique id for the call

Oproepdatum= Date of the call

Now I want to calculate the average over the "average #calls" so I can compare the average of a person per weekday and hour to the average over all persons per weekday, per hour.

I tried already something like:

sum( aggr(NODISTINCT count(DISTINCT OproepId)/count(DISTINCT OproepDatum), OproepGestartDoor, DagWeek, Uur))

But no success until now

How to do this in the correct way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Avg(TOTAL <Weekday, Hour> Aggr(Count(DISTINCT OproepId)/Count(DISTINCT OproepDatum), OproepGestartDoor, DagWeek, Uur))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Avg(TOTAL Aggr(Count(DISTINCT OproepId)/Count(DISTINCT OproepDatum), OproepGestartDoor, DagWeek, Uur))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny for your reply, but this gives the following result:

problem.jpg

This is probably an average over all averages and I want an average over the averages per weekday per hour for all persons.

So, Saterday 14 hour has avarages of 3,00 and 1,00 and should bee 2,00. Saterday 15 hour has avarages of 5,00 and 1,00 so should be 3,00. And so on...

sunny_talwar

Try this

Avg(TOTAL <Weekday, Hour> Aggr(Count(DISTINCT OproepId)/Count(DISTINCT OproepDatum), OproepGestartDoor, DagWeek, Uur))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Super! This seems to be what I want. Thanks very much Sunny.