Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrichman
Creator II
Creator II

How to calculate first row/column after implementing after/before function?

Hi Community,

Do you have any idea on how to approach this? I would like to select a range of dates but the first column should still calculate the difference of the "working day" before. 

I have a pivot pivot table with the following columns:

Week,

Date,

Accumalative Total,

Difference with day before.

The problem is, when I select week 26 for example, the column "Difference with day before" for the 25-06-2018 is always empty. This is because the the 24th hasn't been selected. Also when I select a range of date, 26-6-2018 to 27-06-2018, the column "Difference with day before" for the 26-06-2018 is empty with the same reason.

How can I best solve this?

I have tried to add the following formula =if(ColumnNo() = 1,'Y','T') but whenever i'm adding the calculations I get "-".

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

(If(Match(Status, 'Level 1', 'Level 2'),

Count(DISTINCT ClientNumber),

Count(TOTAL <Team, Date> DISTINCT ClientNumber) - RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT ClientNumber), 1, RowNo())))

-

Before(TOTAL

If(Match(Only({1}Status), 'Level 1', 'Level 2'),

Count({<Date>} DISTINCT ClientNumber),

Count({<Date>}TOTAL <Team, Date> DISTINCT ClientNumber) - RangeSum(Above(Count({<Date>}DISTINCT ClientNumber), 1, RowNo()))))) * Avg(1)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

13 Replies
raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

First Expression you have used some if and range sum. when we select some day the result of your expression and the result of just count (distinct ) is same.

mrichman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Aswin,

Thanks for your message. I don't understand what you mean. Could you please elaborate.

Thanks in advance.

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

I was confused earlier. Now understood your query trying on that

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

Try this in your second expression

=before(TOTAL rangesum([Accumalative Total],0,0))

mrichman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Aswin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. It is still not working.

If you select week 26, then 25-06-2018 is empty. It should also calculate the difference between 25-06-2018 the working day before, in this case 24-06-2018.

Thanks in advance.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Richman,

Can you share your expected output ? I am not able to understand your requirement.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
sunny_talwar

Try this

If(Match(Status, 'Level 1', 'Level 2'),

Count(DISTINCT ClientNumber),

Count(TOTAL <Team, Date> DISTINCT ClientNumber) - RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT ClientNumber), 1, RowNo())))

-

Before(TOTAL

If(Match(Only({1}Status), 'Level 1', 'Level 2'),

Count({<Date>} DISTINCT ClientNumber),

Count({<Date>}TOTAL <Team, Date> DISTINCT ClientNumber) - RangeSum(Above(Count({<Date>}DISTINCT ClientNumber), 1, RowNo()))))

Capture.PNG

mrichman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jyothish KC.

Thanks for your message. Here's the sample.

mrichman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the reply. Almost. The output is what I want, but now i'm unable to select the week or date in the pivot table.

Do you maybe have another solution?

Thanks in advance.