Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farheenayesha
Creator
Creator

How to calculate time spent by user on each Dashboard & Sheet

Hi,

I am trying to calculate, how much time a user has spent on each dashboard and sheet.

Example: In the below image, i want to calculate time spent (in minutes) by user 3 on dashboard 2 and also time spent in minutes on SH01, SH02 and SH03.

The above example is just for one user. However I want  to calculate for all the users. Please help me.

Capture.JPG

Please find the data attached. youssefbelloum

48 Replies
sunny_talwar

You should be, you might just need to force the sort order to be the opposite using Aggr() function. But why do you want to use Above()

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Because I Found correct result with above, I thought i can add the aggregation function with a sum and it will work, but no, it needs to be with the opposite sorting.. I don't understand why

sunny_talwar

So there is a difference between Above and Below version of the expressions

Capture.PNG

Above is saying that User 3 spent no time on SH01, whereas Below says that User 3 spent 20 seconds before we moved to SH02. Which one do you think makes more sense? If you open the dashboard with SH01, you would at least spend 1 second before you go elsewhere. Also, Above is saying that 30 mins were spent on the last step. I think because last step is just close, the time spent on SH03 is calculated on Row3, Row4 is just to say that now the dashboard was closed so no time needed for the row where the dashboard was closed. Does this make sense?

sunny_talwar

Here is what I think you should do..

Script

table:

LOAD Timestamp,

Date(Timestamp) as Date,

User,

App,

[Object/Action],

[Object Id],

Details,

[Object Id]&Timestamp as Key

FROM

[Time123.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Chart

Dimension

Object Id

Expression

=Sum(Aggr(Below(Timestamp) - Timestamp, User, Key))

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I see what you're saying

I was thinking that we can calculate spent time only with the line coming next, to do the substraction.

actually, with above, you can see how much time the user spent on SH01 on the second line, which makes more sense if you can read it on the same line.

what i cannot understand is why i should modify the sorting with above (I'm asking just because i have nothing displayed on the barchart with above, now I know that i will have incorrect values)

sunny_talwar

It should work....

I did post an image above

Capture.PNG

We see two bars because SH01 is null and SH03 is grouped together into one single bar. 30 mins and 11 seconds + 3 seconds

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

What is the expression you used please ?

sunny_talwar

This

=Sum(Aggr(Timestamp - Above(TOTAL Timestamp), Date, User, App, [Object/Action], [Object Id], Details))

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

It was the only() function that creates the problem..

Thank you for your time Sunny !

farheenayesha
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your efforts. Actually i want the total time spent on sheets(considering the sheet objects). Currently total time spent on SH01 is showing 23:13:54. but in the data it doestnt sums upto 23 hours. Approximately it is summing upto 3 or 4 hours. Please let me know if i am missing anything.