Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to combine multiples/filter?

So I'm relatively new to coding entirely..

My dashboard has many users, which have many courses we enroll them in. Sometimes their courses may be cancelled, be dropped, but what I want to see is, if they completed it, it is all irreverent. For example:

Steve     Intro to Medical Terminology           Completed

Steve     Intro to Medical Terminology           Open

James    Body Systems                              Dropped

James    Intro to Medical Teminology           Dropped

Karen     Intro to Medical Terminology          Completed

So if I am trying to pull up a report, and I want to see who has completed "Intro to Med Terms," it should only be Steve and Karen. The code I have been using is:

Max(Count(Course_Status="completed",1,0))

Any advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this as your calculated dimension:

=Aggr(If(SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT [Course Status], '|'), 'complete') = 1, 'complete', [Course Status]), Course)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can also use set analysis for this:

to list the names

=Concat(DISTINCT {<Name = p({<CourseStatus = {'Completed'}>})>}Name, ', ')

to count the names

=Count(DISTINCT {<Name = p({<CourseStatus = {'Completed'}>})>}Name)

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Or like this in a straight table:

Capture.PNG !

Not applicable
Author

I definitely appreciate the quick reply, but maybe I should clarify a bit.

My current qlikview displays:

Hospital     Name     Email     Course     Course Status     Program Enroll     Program Complete

TX            James     ***          1             complete             11/12                    12/11

TX            James     ***          1             complete             11/12                    12/11

TX            James     ***          1             open                   11/12                    12/11

TX            James     ***          2             complete             11/12                    12/11

TX            James     ***          2             dropped               11/12                    12/11

TX            James     ***          3             open                    11/12                    12/11

So I am trying to combine all like courses to see what their status is as completed being prefered. For example:

Hospital     Name     Email     Course     Course Status     Program Enroll     Program Complete

TX            James     ***          2             complete             11/12                    12/11

TX            James     ***          3             open                    11/12                    12/11

So I have been trying to put this in the properties table, as a conditional dimension.

See how green I am in all of this?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I suggest to

- add a tablebox with all your fields

- add 3 listbox

and then start clicking on the listbox to filter and get the result you want, just click on Completed and Intro to......

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Max, I have incorporated those options, however as in my reply to Sunny, there comes the case where there are multiple status entries, and I am trying to combine those entries.

sunny_talwar

Try this as your calculated dimension:

=Aggr(If(SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT [Course Status], '|'), 'complete') = 1, 'complete', [Course Status]), Course)

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Perfect, thank you very much!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem. I am glad I was able to help

Best,

Sunny