Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

How to conditionally show a row of a straight table depending on whether the value of field/column X equals the value of one of four other fields (columns)?

Hello,

I want to built a straight table but for the moment I have rows in my straight table which I do not want to be visible. I would like to keep only the rows where the value of the department field is equal to the value of field "Level 1" OR "Level 2" OR "Level 3" OR "Level 4".

Please take a look at the attached QVW example for better understanding of the question.

Thx for your help

_Koen

Message was edited by: Koen Bal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Yes the suggested solution solves my problem, again thanks for your input.

I added a solution qvw with a more detailed explanation for future readers of the post.

_Koen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change Department to a calculated dimension: =if(match(Department,[Level 1],[Level 2],[Level 3],[Level 4]),Department)

And check the option Suppress When Value Is Null for the new calculated dimension. Does that do what you want?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi check the attach file

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Yes the suggested solution solves my problem, again thanks for your input.

I added a solution qvw with a more detailed explanation for future readers of the post.

_Koen

Not applicable

For this case in order not to create extra dimension and hide it. Another similar solution, since this table has only one expression is to modify the expression to

=if(match(Department,[Level 1] ,[Level 2] ,[Level 3] ,[Level 4]), sum([# of hours]))

So you calculate it and show only the rows when this condition is met