Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to copy a sheet from one *.qvw file to another *.qvw file

I have created a pie-chart in one QlikView file say: '1.qvw'. Then I created another '2.qvw' file and now i want the sheet from '1.qvw' to be added to '2.qvw'. Is there any way to add the sheet to another QlikView file without actually redoing the entire again?

Please help me out with this if you can, thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I'd still say a simple copy paste would do the job

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In the first QV file press Ctrl + A which selects all the items in the sheet now go to the second QV and paste

That would do the trick

Not applicable
Author

Choose File > Export > Export Sheet Layout. You can then save the xml file and import it into another .qvw document.

Regards

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

I am using QlikView Personal Edition, In 'IMPORT' both the options, 'Import Document Layout' & 'Import Sheet layout' are disabled...

Not applicable
Author

I'd still say a simple copy paste would do the job

Not applicable
Author

Copy paste works, Thanks 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Exporting the sheet you want to copy to the other qvw file

1. Select the TAB that you want to copy
  2. Select File from the main menu
  3. Select Export from teh drop down menu
  4. Select Export Sheet Layout
  5. Select the location you want the xml file stored

Importing the copied sheet in to your qvw file

1. Select File from the main menu
  2. Select Import from the drop down menu
  3. Select Import Sheet Layout

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

I am trying the same. Due to some reason, some of the sheet objects are not getting copied properly. eg. one of the sheet objects has 7 columns in it. When I copy it only 4 are coming. another one has two but only one is coming. Any idea about any settings or any other additional steps?

Mason
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I'd suggest looking at the data model to see if there are any underlying changes that may have caused this. It may be that the data modle in one file is different than that in another.