Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to copy database automatically from local server to Remote(qlikview) server

Hi,

I have access database in localserver. And I used to copy that access database daily from Local server to Remote server. I was doing this manually since months. Now I am looking to automate this i,e without manually copying I need to copy the access database daily morning 9am automatically. I don't know whether it is right to ask this question in qlik community or not. But Please could anyone help me in this so that would be really appreciable. Please any solution.

Thanks.

13 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Right, this is not a QV specific question, but still a common request.

In principle, you can create a windows batch file and create a Windows Scheduled Task to execute this batch file at the given time. You can use a batch command to copy the file or Robocopy or some other tool.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer you gave me hope. Please if you don't mind could you provide details how to create batch file as this is the first time i am trying. Please

swuehl
MVP
MVP

In principle, it's just a text file, named like CopyDB.bat with one line, examples shown here.

Then set up a Windows Scheduled Task on system settings to execute this batch file (computer must be running at that tim eof course).

Not really complicated stuff in principle, but might get a little complicated if access rights etc. involved. So it should be best if you ask a collegue from IT department to help you setting up the batch file.

vikasmahajan

HII,

You can follow the steps by using SQL server backup and restore facility: -

- You need to schedule as backup in sql server and kept this backup in common folder

- You Need to write restore script which will restore backup from common folder

-  After Restore this backup of sql

-  you can set reload schedule in QV.

This technique successfully working in my organisation.

Hope this help you.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. But as a developer I don't have any access to create backup and restore if the databases and all these are managing by administrator. Is there any way that I can do. Please let me know this.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

here is a sample batch fiIe use to move csv files from 1 folder to another

You can use it as a guide

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer and I cab able to move access database from one folder to another folder in my local pc. could you please help me whether is it possible to copy file from local server to relote server if I use same command just instead of move if I use copy. Please help me in this

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I would recomend use Cobian Backup, it is full of interesting features, can copy or transfer through FTP/SFTP, scheduled copies, do not copy unchanged files, etc

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Swuehi and could you let me know what access rights means is that logins you mean?