Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to count certain values out of a column in a data set?

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a good day. I am trying to count the number of rebates, co-ops, and warranties in a column that is filled with other things too. I need them all separated. I want the box to look like the attached image with the purple filled in with numbers. My best attempt is something like this:

=Money(count(if({<FiscalYear={'2015'}>}rebates)))

It seems to me like I would need to do a count if, select the column, and do a where clause to get the data count out, but I don't know how to assemble that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It may just not be hooked up to the Master Calendar. We'll have to fix that. Thanks for trying!

Not applicable
Author

It says it's hooked up by FiscalQuarter.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

year('YYYY') as FiscalYear     example: year('2014') as FiscalYear    <--- in the script under that table with the data set

Is the whole data set pertaining to one year?

This will create a synthetic key between the data set and the master calendar. You'll need a date bridge table between the data set and the master calendar, most likely involving a 'MonthYear' field.

FiscalQuarter & FiscalYear as QuarterYear