Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to count distinct values of different types over a rolling period ?

Hi all,

I'm struggling at finding a way to count distinct values over a rolling period, when these values are tagged with different "types".

For example, let's you wanna know to how many different customers you sold your product 'A' over the last year/quarter/etc...

I found this thread http://community.qlik.com/thread/123432 which is ALMOST what I'm looking for (see the last attachement) : it works great for a period/product/amount table, but results are irrelevant as soon as you include a "type" collumn, and try to visualize the results for one specific type.

Tried quite a few changes here and there but I'm stuck and I can't figure how to get past this issue.

I'll attach a file which is an adaptation of the solution of the above thread to my question, so you can see how it looks...

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this document helps: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, I did try to use this thread too but for some reason I can't get things to work out when I add an analysis by "Type" for instance (see attached)

It bothers me quite a bit as I'm guessing it works well, since it's in the blog,.. However I can't find where my mistakes(s) are.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

Not applicable
Author

OK, got it with the AsOf table concept... Thanks !