Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

How to create Week On Week report when we don't have consistent data

Hi All,

I want to create a Week On Week chart to find out the increase in utlization of space in mounted folder, DB tables and ETL.As per the normal schedule a PROC will run every monday and inserts space details in a table(It inserts once in a week). If everything goes right as per the schedule I can make use of Max(Date) or Max(Week(Date)))to find out space occupied currently and Max(Date)-7 or Max(Week(Date)))-1 to find out space occupied in the previous week.

What if the PROC didn't run on Monday due to some reasons and it ran only on tuesday. Max(Date)-7 or Max(Week(Date)))-1 will not work out as the PROC ran one day later. Also if the PROC ran on tuesday and wednesday, Max(Week(Date)))-1 may give some of of both the dates which will show up double the space.

So can some one help us on how to go about this requirement? I am little confused on how to go about this requirement. Any help on this please?

Regards,

qvforum

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Assign every PROC run an incremental numeric identifier. Autonumber(Date,'Run') as RunNo would do. You can then use max(RunNo) and max(RunNo)-1 instead.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

When your PROC runs and concatenates that weeks data on, why not store it against the Week() as opposed to the Date() ?

Best Regards,     Bill

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If the PROC ran on two consective days then how we can use  max(RunNo)-1 for Week On Week report? Please advice...

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

You mean to say every week data I need to concatenate it? Like if the PROC ran twice in a week how do I store only the latest into the QVD? Please attach some application if you can. It will help me...

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Now my new plan was to generate 2 below fields,

Year(ReloadTime()) as Year

Week(ReloadTime()) as Week

While storing the QVD I am postfixing it with Year and Month. So we will have single weekly qvd which contains the weekly data. Something like below,

QVDNAME.YYYY_WW

So I load load only those QVD's. Max(Week) and Max(Week)-1 to find the growth.

Now I got stuck on how to load data from latest two weeks data. Please help...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This script excerpt should, I hope, give you the concept and syntax you are after.  You will need to put the bits you into your script & adjust it to your needs

BB :

LOAD * INLINE [

F1

BB Test

];

let vYear = Year(today()) ;

let vWeek1 = Week(today()) ;

let vWeek2 = Week(today()) -1 ;

let vQvdFile1 = 'QVDNAME.' & $(vYear) & '_' & $(vWeek1) & '.qvd' ;

let vQvdFile2 = 'QVDNAME.' & $(vYear) & '_' & $(vWeek2) & '.qvd' ;

Store BB into $(vQvdFile1) (qvd) ;

Store BB into $(vQvdFile2) (qvd) ;

Drop table BB  ;

CC1:

load

from  $(vQvdFile1) (qvd) ;

CC2:

load

from  $(vQvdFile2) (qvd) ;

Best regards,     Bill

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you. I will update you once I try.

One quick question. I think it may not work if I am trying to load first week of 2013 and last week of 2012 as we are using Year(today()). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please provide me some other solution if you feel that it wont work as I thought.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup

You will have to careful with the weeks at the end & beginning of Years.

This could help you.

let vYearThisWeek = Year(today()) ;

let vWeekThisWeek = Week(today()) ;

let vYearLastWeek = Year(today()-7) ;

let vWeekLastWeek = Week(today()-7)  ;

Best Regards     Bill.