Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a measure/expression to calculate the % increase/decrease between 2 figures

Hello,

Please can you help with the following;

I need to calculate the % increase/decrease between 2 figures.

Example

Total jobs for FY16          10

Total jobs for FY17          15

Percentage increase is     50%

Thanks,

Kizzy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

(Sum({$<[Requisition Status] = {Closed}, [Fiscal] = {'FY17'}>} [Approve to Close])/Sum({$<[Requisition Status] = {Closed},[Fiscal] = {'FY17'}>} [Number of Reqs]))/

(Sum({$<[Requisition Status] = {Closed}, [Fiscal] = {'FY16'}>} [Approve to Close])/Sum({$<[Requisition Status] = {Closed}, [Fiscal] = {'FY16'}>}[Number of Reqs])) - 1

View solution in original post

13 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

(sum(Total jobs for FY17)-sum(Total jobs for FY16))/sum(Total jobs for FY16)

will gives you 0,5. You could use *100, but better to "show in percent (%)" in the number tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Staffan,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I cannot get this expression to work.  Below is my actual expression to get to the fiscal totals.  I have matched them up to your expression (its split out here but in qlik its all one expression).  The colours are just for an easy visual.  Can you see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kizzy

(Sum(Total {$<[Requisition Status]={Closed},[Fiscal]={'FY17'}>}[Approve to Close])/Sum({$<[Requisition Status]={Closed},[Fiscal]={'FY17'}>}[Number of Reqs])

-sum(Total {$<[Requisition Status]={Closed},[Fiscal]={'FY16'}>}[Approve to Close])/Sum({$<[Requisition Status]={Closed},[Fiscal]={'FY16'}>}[Number of Reqs]))

/sum(Total {$<[Requisition Status]={Closed},[Fiscal]={'FY16'}>}[Approve to Close])/Sum({$<[Requisition Status]={Closed},[Fiscal]={'FY16'}>}[Number of Reqs])

(sum(Total jobs for FY17)

-sum(Total jobs for FY16))

/sum(Total jobs for FY16)

sunny_talwar

Is to goal to show this in a text box object?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hmm, i'll think it all about parentheses,

add first (yellow) Expression as it is, does it shows correct info, then add the second (blue) still as expected, then add the green part and see whats happens, if not, adjust parentheses to get correct value.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Relevant question, = sign missing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Staffan,

Where is the = missing from?

Thanks,

Kizzy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, it should be in a bar chart of pivot table using a dimension.

Thanks,

Kizzy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

All the parentheses individually work and provide a total figure

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ok, but still wrong/no value?

= was missing if you should show in text Box.