Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create an expression with sequential number with several Dimensions?

how to create an expression with sequential number with several Dimensions?

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

How about the rowno() function ?  You can do counts within a dimension or across all dimensions.

rowno.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jonathan Poole,

Sorry, not dynamic table is a simple table.

and have the option to hide rows when value is null.

Tried RowNo (Total) and the big problem was just hidden lines.

Have you any other way you know?

grateful,

Gleybson Fernandes

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

hmm... i think you are saying you are using a 'Straight Table' but i'm not sure but can you confirm ?   Also are you dealing with a dimensional value that is NULL or another expression (besides the rowno expression) that is NULL ?

A sample may help or just some more details on your situation.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I am using a 'Straight Table'. In Portuguese is translated as a simple table.

There is an option in Dimensção which is: 'Suppress When Value Is Null'.

Unfortunately, and I do not like sending an example, but I am available for any questions.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Ok. the following is a 2 dimensional straight table with an expression: sum(Sales). 

I modified the sample to assign a null if sum(Sales)> 5000 to emulate some nulls with this modified expression:

if( sum(Sales) > 5000, sum(Sales))  .  With no 'else' clause the row is NULLED . I also did this on the rowno(total) expression to null the same rows.  With  'suppress missing' from the presentation tab and with both expressions NULLED, the rows are suppressed.

2 things:

rowno(total)  still enumerates the suppressed rows.  I THINK you are trying to avoid that.

alternative:   create an expression with just :   1     and set 'accumulation' to 'full accumulation'  (right side of chart)

accumulate.PNG.png