Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create calendar for start date and end date

Hi,

I have 2 fields ,start date and completion date.When i select jan as the start date and then July as the end date then i should get projects within that range.

I have tried the below:

1)Tried creating 2 variables min and max

=vminstartdate and vmaxenddate

2)Created 2 calendar objects in the front end

1st object is Startdate:

variable name :vminstartdate

min value = min(startdate)

max value= max(start date)

2nd object is end date

variablename: vmaxenddate

min value = min(end date)

max value = max(end date)

How ever when i select the dates the dates are coming in number format and also the data is not reflecting properly . pls help to resolve this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

=Concat({<Startdate = {">=$(vstartdate)"}, Enddate = {"<=$(venddate)"}>} DISTINCT Name,' |')

View solution in original post

6 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try

min value = date(min(startdate))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shraddha.I got the date value when i changed the number format to date in the calendar object.Could you pls let me know when i select the start date and the end date i need to get the data reflected accordingly in a chart.how do i achieve this?

I am trying to give the expression in the chart as below

Sum(if([End Date]>=$(vminStartDate) AND [Start Date]<=$(vmaxEndDate),[QP Count])) but unable to achieve it correctly

dineshm030
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rekha,

Try This:

sum( {<[End Date]={">=$(vminStartdate"},[Start Date]={"<=$(vmaxEndDate"}>} [QP Count])

sum( {<[End Date]={">=$(vmaxEndDate"},[Start Date]={"<=$(vminStartdate"}>} [QP Count])

Regards

Dinesh

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is your logic correct? This should then work:

=Sum({<StartDate = {">=$(=vmaxEndDate)"}, EndDate = {">=$(=vMinStartDate)"}>} [QP Count])

Do the two fields and the two variables have the same date format?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

=Concat({<Startdate = {">=$(vstartdate)"}, Enddate = {"<=$(venddate)"}>} DISTINCT Name,' |')

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for helping in resolving the issue.Now am able to get the desired result using the expression provided by X mg.