Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display a list of customers that did not buy a particular product?

i am trying to understand how the Customer Targetting tab works on this example:

http://us-b.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=qvdocs%2FSales%20Management%20and%20Custome...

Click on the Customer Targetting tab , and then select one of the categories in the "Did Not Purchase" section,

I am trying to figure out how the customer list is populated (ie, customers that didnt buy any bikes, or a particular product)

I am quite new to Qlikview, so any help would need to be easy to understand

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

yes, i am new to the forum and Qlikview.

i found something extremely simple : =sum( {1-$} TotalDue )

and this works just fine,

now i just need to understand the logic behind it.

Many thanks to all that helped out .

i will get better with this ..

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you doing, I've selected "Product Category" as Bikes and what are you trying to explain after that?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

i need to know how the customer list is populated.

I.e, which customers did not buy a bike.

i need to know the syntax behind the customer list.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

this?

Only({<[Product Category] -= {'Bikes'}>} Customers)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

ok, i think i see how that works, but how can it be made more dynamic?

so if user clicks on a product category or a sub category, or even an individual product from one of the lists?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This?

Only({<[Product Category] -= {"=[Product Category] = GetFieldSelections([Product Category]) OR [Sub Category] = GetFieldSelections([Sub Category])"}>} Customers)

OR

Only({<[Product Category] -= {$(=Concat(Chr(39) & [Prodt Category] & Chr(39), ','))}>} Customers)

sunny_talwar

May be like this

Only({<[Product Category] = e([Product Category])>} Customers)

and similar e() for other fields you mentioned

Not applicable
Author

ok i have tried this as an expression , and it doesnt work

=Sum({<[ProductCategoryName] = e([ProductCategoryName])>} TotalDue)

sorry, not making a lot of progress

sunny_talwar

Where exactly are you trying this? Can you share a sample where you are trying this?

Not applicable
Author

this is what i am trying to replicate.

http://us-b.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=qvdocs%2FSales%20Management%20and%20Custome...

its for a training exercise im doing in Qlikview.

the problem i am having is with the Customer Targetting tab

screenshot image attached.