Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display all the dates of the current month along with week seperation

Hi All,

I have a requiement which basically needs to have all the dates of the current fiscal month with sales seperated by weeks with their sum which is something like

07/01/2013          $20

07/02/2013          $30

Week1               $50

07/03/2013          $10

week 2               $100

07/30/2013          $50

I have a date table which has all the required fields and  i can calculate the sum of dollars, but i want to know how can i display all the dates of the current month with their sales if they have any or else just the date for upcoming dates along with the week seperator after every week which basically sums up the whole week sales.

Thanks,

Sujith

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for delay, very busy these days...

About the current month - the most natural way is to select it (manually or automatically on open).  An alternative way is to use it in your chart in expression as set analysis, but I'm not sure you're ready for this yet.

As for the intend mode...  First, create a pivot table with dimension Week and Date.  Expression is something like sum(Amount).  Next, on Presentation tab, check "show partial sums" for both Week and Date.  Also check "always fully expanded". After that, go to the Style tab, and check "intend mode".  Click OK, and you get something similar to what you want.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sujith,

Take a look at the pivot table.  You can use week and date as dimensions, and use intend mode to get a view similar to your example.

Reagrds,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Micheal,

If i use date and week from the date table it gives me all the dates for all the years data is present but i only want for current month and also i dont see week seperator between , I am new to qlikview and not sure what is an intended mode, Can you please provide me with an example or something?I tried to put my QVW here but my security doesnt allow to do so.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for delay, very busy these days...

About the current month - the most natural way is to select it (manually or automatically on open).  An alternative way is to use it in your chart in expression as set analysis, but I'm not sure you're ready for this yet.

As for the intend mode...  First, create a pivot table with dimension Week and Date.  Expression is something like sum(Amount).  Next, on Presentation tab, check "show partial sums" for both Week and Date.  Also check "always fully expanded". After that, go to the Style tab, and check "intend mode".  Click OK, and you get something similar to what you want.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply i made the indent mode work and that is what i was looking for, but i couldnt understand how to get only current month data, Can you please explain me the methods you were saying?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujith,

See attched example.  First chart shows all months, and you have to select one to see only it.  The second chart using expression with set analysis to show only current month regardless selections.

Regards,
Michael