Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display day numbers in months?

Hi,

I'm trying to set a list box containing numbers of days per each month. So for example when i click on month field "December" in month list box i want to see 31 day fields so (1,2,3...31)..If i do the same with February i want to se 28 day fields

Any suggesions on how to do that?

Many thanks

T

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Create a master calendar with a field for Day (using day(DateField) function in your script).

Then using Day field list box should do what you want.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/48693

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Assuming your data contains a Date field, you can make

=Day(DateField)

If your data doesn't contain the dates, only month names, you'll need to add it to your data during load; there are several ways, linked to the Master Calendar technique.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

thanks,

worked. By the way. Can someone also tell me how to create a multiple exclusion line in script?

For example I want to exclude product X and product Y from Category Z. My scipt below doesn't work. Any suggestions how to change it?

([ProductGroup] <> 'Product X' and 'Product Y' and 'Product Z' and,  [ProductGroup]) AS [ProductGroupLimited]

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

You can try

If(Match([ProductGroup], 'Product X', 'Product Y', 'Product Z')=0,  [ProductGroup]) AS [ProductGroupLimited]