Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to display operating system information in text box

Hello Guys,

I would like to change the variable value based on if the system is desktop or server.can someone help me getting os information displayed in text box.

Thanks

Hariprasath

18 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Hari

If it is of use to you the system function ClientPlatform() will return and empty string if it is running in a desktop client otherwise if it running on the access point then it returns a string with browser details.

Regards

Adrian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What would be the output, if it reloads from QMC?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see there is a function called GetRegistryString(path, key),

and the windows registry path is HKLM "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" "CurrentVersion"

can someone help me how to use this function?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Looks this Read Registry

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but i cant use macro. is there any post which tells how to use this function?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

When i start search, I got this which is answered. I thought to share simply

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for suggesting the ideas, that was very helpful.

Happy to say, i have just found the solutions, example below:

LET vOS = GetRegistryString('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion', 'ProductName');

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you mine, Can you show the image what you getting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, i cannot share the screenshot, but i can share you the output text.

use the below expression in text box:

=GetRegistryString('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion', 'ProductName');

i got the below output text in textbox

Windows 7 Enterprise

Note: my operating system is Windows 7 Enterprise