Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to do Ttest to compare means of 2 Alternate States

Hi,

I am trying to create some statistical analysis so I can compare the means values for different date ranges. I have managed to create the t-test to compare two months (Baseline and inherited) by using the following:

TTest_t({Baseline + $} Month, Value)

I have Baseline as an alternative state so the user can select any baseline date and select any date in the inherited state to compare them. However, I would now like to change this so you can select any date range in Baseline State and compare to any date range in Inherited state.

The TTest_t function says it requires  TTest_t (grp, value) where grp only contains 2 numbers. This causes problems for me when someone selects 01/01/2015 to 14/02/2015 as Baseline and 15/02/2015 to 30/03/2015 as Inherited etc.

Ideally I would like to have my States in this grp, any ideas on how I could do this?

Thanks,

Claire

1 Reply
MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III

Have you had any success on figuring this out? I have a very similar situation in which I need to use this functionality.