Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to generate Log files in QV

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me if i want to generate a log file then how can i generate it,

and where does the log file will be stored.

Please its Urgent

Regards,

Pranav

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can any one please tell me how after generating log file how can i send it to user through mail.

Ex: as log file is generated it should send a mail to user with attached log file.

As the procedure happens when reloading fails it send mail to user.

Please Suggest.

Regards,

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Could you please let me know, how do I enable this Logging in QlikView Server Settings. I am using QlikView Personal Edition and I don't find any such option available. Can't I see the "Debug Logging" in Personal Edition as I wish to see the detailed level information of log.

Thanks & Regards,

Aaspruha

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi  Aaspruha,

Debug logging is possible only when you have server. This setting is not available on QlikView Desktop.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik for the reply.

Regards,

Aaspruha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've got the same problems but where I see this windows to active the logs'document?
Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The discussions have been really helpful.

I have a question and would really appreciate if someone could help me with it. So in my company we have multiple instances of developers who logon to our Qlikview Development server so that they have their own instances and do their work separately. Now for all those users we have manually check the log file setting (Settings > Document Settings - check the 'Generate Logfile' checkbox). Is there anyway to make (log file generation for every user) it a default setting for every user. I know its a one time task but its just sometimes hard to remember that one point and make the required changes.

Would really appreciate the help.

Regards,

Janaki V