Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to generate chart using subset of data?

I created an application based on a large amount of data (over 18 million records). I'm experiencing a very bad performance (e.g. taking forever to generate) on one of the chart with "full accumalation" option selected.

I tried to improve its perforamnce by using sampling records (e.g. sum(if), set analysis, mulitiplication). It takes about 15 seconds to reload when I trim down the total number of records to around 3 million records by filtering records. However, when I refresh this application using using full set of data (18 million records), it took about 8 minutes to reload this chart while the rest of the charts \ tables are reloaded within a few seconds.

I need to load the full data set in the applicaton as they are needed to generate other charts \ tables. Is there any other way I can further improve the performance of this chart? Thanks.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lewis,

Try to do the sumation in the script level (back end) as a seperate table & field. Bring the new field into chart.

Regards

Rajesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajesh,

Actually, I've a complex but high flexibility data model which allow to analysis data in many different dimensions in this application. If I build a summaried table based only base on 1 or a few dimensions, it will limit the flexibility of the application. Is there any other possible way to improve the performance in this case? Thanks a lot for your suggestion 🙂

Regards,
Lewis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lewis,

Based on you complex conditions, can you able to raise some flag in the back end script and make use of them in the expression.

Regards

Rajesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajesh,

I added a flag in my script and tried to make use of it in the dimension and expression as well. But it doesn't help much in my case. Is there anything else I should try?

Regards,

Lewis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lewis,

Can you share the expression?

How many dimensions are using in your chart? Is there any calculated dimensions?

Regards

Rajesh