Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to get Document CALs tab under User Documents?

How to get Document CALs tab under User Documents?

33 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Here´s part of my LEF (we have 10 DocCals and 10 Named Cals)

NAMED_CAL_BY_MACHINE_ID;NO;;

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS;10;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;10;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2014-09-06

SPECIAL_EDITION;PARTNER_DEMONSTRATION;;

WEBPARTS;YES;;

anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please find the screens.

You can understand what I am trying to say

sspe
Creator II
Creator II

As Clever mentions, if the license is the Uncapped, then you have unlimited licenses but to only one Document. In that case, it doesn't make sense to have the Document CAL tab in the QMC because there are no reason to assign Document CAL.

You LEF details indicates that you license is Uncapped so I think that it the explanation.

Regards

Steen

anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Steen,

I do agree.

But I have set the limit for Doc CALs, in that case I have to get the Document CAL tab right ?

Any suggestion on this?

Regs,

Anil

sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Where have you set a limit? Again, if your license is Uncapped, then you have unlimited access to one single document so why do you want to set any limits for that?

Also, I think that QV see that it is a uncapped license and therefore it doesn't show the Document Cal tab because it's irrelevant for that license.

Regards

Steen

anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Screen shot below

anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Where have you set a limit? Again, if your license is Uncapped, then you have unlimited access to one single document so why do you want to set any limits for that?------------------ I agree this but just wanted to see and explore the content of Document CALs tab

Also, I think that QV see that it is a uncapped license and therefore it doesn't show the Document Cal tab because it's irrelevant for that license.

Regards

Steen

anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Steen,

Actually I am trying to explore each and every option in QV Server.

You guys are really helping me and I thank for that

Regs,

Anil

anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Are you sure that my QV server is enabled for Information Access based on the LEF contents I pasted ?

sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Ok - this screen seems to be related to the Uncapped license type. I haven't got an uncapped license so I don't see a screen like this. But still, it doesn't make sense to show the Document Cal screen with a uncapped license. You have in this case just limited the number of available CALs to 1000 but still it's not relevant to show the Document CAL tab and that's most likely why you don't see it.

Regards

Steen