Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get a max value within a dimension

Hi

I am building an application for a realestate company and they would like to know the occupied and vacant space based different timedimensions (month, quarter, tertial and Year)

They would like to see the area as it is at the end of the timedimension .. I.e if they choose the time february to June and dimension quarter they would like to see the area as it was on 31st of march (end of Q1) and the area as it was on June 30th (end of Q2)

Is there a way to get the max day depending on dimension?

Best Regards

/Mats

3 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

use this

aggr(max(fieldname),keyfield)

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Dear mats,

not exactly clear with wat u wanted bt u can try d function 'QuarterEnd' to get d max day of d quarter you select.

Regards,

rupali

Not applicable
Author

Hi

It is not a problem to locate the end of the quarter or the end of the month .. the problem is to locate different days depending on what dimension I choose

So right now I use the following expression

sum({<DateNum = {$(#=max(DateNum))}>}unit_size_per_day * DaysInMonth)

This will give me the unit size at the end of the timespan I have chosen .. however it does not take into consideration the dimension I use .. so if I have chosen feb - june 2011  and the dimension Month I would like to see the total area for feb, march, april, may and june

If I chose the quarter dimension I would like to ses the areas as they are on march 31st and on june 31st

Many thanks for the replies so far

/Mats