Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get data from two access databases in one qlikview file

Hi,

I have two databases  A and B

A contains data from 01/08/2008 to 03/06/2013

B contains data from 01/08/2010 to till date

Both database contains same tables and same columns when I am trying to reload in one file it is showing data only in A database file.

Please could anyone help me how to set this please

Thanks.

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see that your time ranges overlap, hence the duplicates.  If time is a reliable criteria, you have to load data from the database ony after the latest date of the database A, for example

<connect to database 2>

CONCATENATE (Table1)
SQL SELECT
FROM table 1

WHERE Table1Date > '03/06/2013'

;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and when I am giving the date as Date>'03/06/2013' it is showing data type mismatch for date while running the script.

Do I need to change date format?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is the date format you showed in your post...  Try to change it to the correct one in the "WHERE".

Usually this helps, it is using whatever format is set in your application (I assume it is March 6, not the June 3):

date(date#('03/06/2013', 'MM/DD/YYYY'))

marchoctober
Creator
Creator

It possibly in data format error. Just experiment with the data in different types and formats, with ' ', without, with date() etc. I beleive if you decopmose every step of your load and every proccess that currently handled with script scenario you will be able to impress your own solution with this load.

As for duplicates, define which how would you use the data model? Do you need to see the rows in separate tables, or in one main containing data from two access databases? Try to draw a model you want to get for your task on paper. And what should you do to get this. And you will do the needed script in action. You can remove duplicates with different ways in QlikView, f.e. as I understand the duplicates are between 01/08/2010 to 03/06/2013? If it is so, just remove in load script just for start with where date < or > or beetween the dates, get the data and improve.

Thanks.

marchoctober
Creator
Creator

Any update? As question not answered.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think that the question has been answered.  And a follow-up question has been answered.  The only problem that it was not marked as answered