Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get info if loading script is in "debug mode"?

Hello!

Is it possible to check in the loading script, if the script is started with reload or with debug.

I would use this information for example with STORE commands. If running in debug I do not want to save with STORE.

And if normal reload, then STORE commands should be made.

This functional would be nice to fast check if the script has the right syntax etc.

Best wishes,

Harri

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Harri,

If i can able to understand your problem.You can use the QlikView application log for the same.If you want any particular value of variable which is excuting in the script then you can use the function " trace"

Regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Maybe you did not understand my problem.

I want to store some tables during the script load to the qvd-files with "STORE tablename to filename.qvd;"

And if I reload the script with DEBUG and limit rows to 10, then I do not wan't to store anything in the script. Because these stored.qvd files are used as data-storage also.

Yours,

Harri

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think you can use function for this QvdNoOfRecords( 'C:\MyDir\MyFile.qvd' )

If( QvdNoOfRecords( 'C:\MyDir\MyFile.qvd' )<0) then

store table Test..qvd.

regards,

Ravi

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Harri,

There is no way to know when a reload is started in debug or normal mode. But there is a function to know when it was done Partial.

What I do in some cases is set the STORE instructions at the bottom part, and in a conditional I manually have to set, so I can debug and see how the tables, relations are created and dropped, but the tables are not stored. Then I change the variable manually and the reload stores all tables.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Prefix each STORE statement with an IF $(STORE_QVDS) then STORE ... .

Plus, it is much nicer to grasp the logic if the STORE is in original place

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I know, this is an rather old thread, but as I stumbled over the same question, here my way of solution.

Instead of prefixing with IF, I use $-expansion:

SET STORECMD = '//STORE'; //use this to avoid 'store'

//SET STORECMD = 'STORE'; //use this to do the 'store'

[...]

$(STORECMD) MyTable into MyFile (qvd);

hth,
Thilo