Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get previous Month data

Hi All,

in my report I have calendar objects for FromDate and ToDate. when I select a date range it is giving the results.

here my issue is if I select a date range in a particular month, will I get both selected month and previous month data in the same report(Line Chart).

Example: when I select Date range 01-October-2015 to 31-Oct-2015. it will give the total volume for the October Month, I want to get Previous month September total volume.

Dimension: MonthYear(Jan-2015)

Expression: Sum(Amount)

Please help me,

Thanks.

7 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

Current-mnth

=sum({<Date={'$(=Date(Max(Date),'M/D/YYYY'))'}>}Balance)

Previous:mnth

=sum({<Date={"$(=Date(Max({1}{<Date={'<$(=Date(Max(Date),'M/D/YYYY'))'}>}Date),'M/D/YYYY'))"}>}Balance)

hope this helps u

thanks

Suresh

sunny_talwar

May be this for previous month:

=If(Sum(Amount) > 0, Above(Sum({<Date, MonthYear>}Amount)))

PrashantSangle

Hi,

try

sum({<Date={">=Date(addmonths(Monthstart(max(Date),-1)))<=Date(addmonths(max(Date),-1))"}>}Amount)

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Kushal_Chawda

For previous month

=sum({<Date={">=$(=Date(monthstart(addmonths(max(Date),-1))))<=$(=Date(monthend(addmonths(max(Date),-1))))"}, Year=,Month=, Date=>}Amount)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use MonthStart() and MonthEnd() as suggested by Max/Kush

sunny_talwar

Is this what you want?

Capture.PNG

Use this dummy script:

Table:

LOAD Date(MakeDate(2015,1,1) + RecNo() - 1) as Date,

MonthName(MakeDate(2015,1,1) + RecNo() - 1) as MonthYear,

Ceil(Rand() * 100000) as Value

AutoGenerate (Today() + 1 - MakeDate(2015,1,1));

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi,

If you have a dimension called MonthYear then I'm guessing you've got a master calendar. If you add a MonthID field to the calendar you'll make life easy. If your Calendar is loaded in the usual way, creating dates from the earliest to the latest, then if you add something like this above your master calendar script:

LOAD

AutoNumber(MonthYear , 'MonthID') as MonthID

;

LOAD ...

You'll have a nice integer field you can do simple arithmetic on. Now if you select a month an expression with the set modifier <MonthID = {$(=Max(MonthID)-1)}, MonthYear =>} will give the calculation for the previous month. You may need to add other terms to this, such as ... Month =, Year =... so that it will disregard other selections as may be required. Then to tidy it all up you can create a variable to hold your set modifier and if you want add a parameter for the number of months you want to look back instead of having 1 hard written then you have a very flexible and easy to read and maintain solution

Cheers

Andrew