Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get the selections back to the previous sheet.

Hi All,

I need like this

In my app suppose there are 2 sheets.

step1->I am in sheet1.if i am applying some filters and i want to create a bookmark for these selections.

step2->Now i am in sheet 2 and here i may apply some more filters after that i will go for sheet1

step3->Now the bookmark what i created in sheet1 needs to be apply on selecting the sheet1 when comming from sheet2(i don't want to apply the selections made in sheet2).

step4->Don't consider about sheet2 selections.I need only sheet1 selections back.

The procedure what i need to do is like that for that i thought the way like bookmark is possible.

Can any one reply me how can i do this in the bookmark way or any other way?

Thanks in advance....

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think your problem is similar to the issue discussed here:

http://community.qlik.com/message/102192

Check out Miguel's answer and sample app, using triggers and actions.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

I tried sample application regarding the bookmarks (i.e; storing previous selections)

In my attached application having 3 sheets Filters, Prototype, Concentration

Step1 :

• I am doing some filters in "Filters Sheet" and going to  "Concentration Sheet" there my default selection filter will apply.
  • Now when i come back again to "Filter Sheet" then it is getting back its original Filters.
  • Upto here works fine.

Step2  :

• Again i am doing some filters in "Filters Sheet" and going to  "Concentration Sheet" there my default selection filter will apply.
  • Now when i come back to different sheet "Prototype Sheet" then it is moving to the sheet "Filters Sheet" , but what i need is should go to the sheet which i selected currently(i.e; Prototype Sheet).
  • How can i overcome this ?

Please go through this attached application and let me know the solution ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find the attached file for solution.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Not like this, what i sent the application should have all the triggers in each sheet, but it should allow the user to go for the selected sheet when leaving out from the "Concentration Sheet".

Requirement of current Application is :

1. In Filters, Prototype sheet should apply filters in both sheets. And when we activate the sheet should apply the default selection filter not the previously applied filters.
  2. When we leaving out the concentration sheet, in Filters, Prototype should get its original filters back.

Hope you understand what i am trying in application.

Thanks in advance.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Go to menu Bookmarks - More (or press CTRL-SHIFT-B) and deselect the 'Layout' option for your BM01 bookmark.

This option will save the selected tab also to your bookmark, so when re-applying, you move to that sheet.

This should solve your problem.

A totally different approach might be using alternate states instead of bookmarks, available since QV11.

See attached for both solutions.

Regards,

Stefan