Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vengadeshpalani
Creator
Creator

How to handle TWO Condition check for Optimized Loading

Hi all

I have 1 billion records in Fact.qvd I want load QVD as the Optimized format but I need to check two conditions how I want to handle this?

load Date

from Qvd;

load ID

from Qvd;

Fact:

load Date,

ID,

some Other fields

from fact.qvd where Exist (Date) and Exist (ID);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could use two load-steps - the first one optimized with one where exists() and a second resident-load with the other where exists() - the stronger filter should be applied first. I could imagine that it could be significantly faster than an unoptimized load and mybe it's sufficient for your task. Otherwise you will need to go with the suggestion from Peter.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Can you concatenate Date and ID in your datamodel?

vengadeshpalani
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for response

I use existing QVD if I want to update, it takes 30 hours.

do you have any alternate solution?

marcus_sommer

You could use two load-steps - the first one optimized with one where exists() and a second resident-load with the other where exists() - the stronger filter should be applied first. I could imagine that it could be significantly faster than an unoptimized load and mybe it's sufficient for your task. Otherwise you will need to go with the suggestion from Peter.

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you load 2 different table, May be Nullify can fetch. So, You need to understand the difference b/w Join and Concatenate.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)