Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to have control only 1 sheet of QV ?

Hi All, below script is working fine for me on sheet control. i like to ask the expert here is if i only need to control one sheet of my QV Doc , it is possible to just

modify the below script , just list 1 sheet name ? as i don't want to list all the sheet name below , Hope some one can advise me how to do it.

Section Application;

SheetSec:

LOAD * INLINE [

GROUP,          MUHASEBE,          GELIR_YONETIMI,          URETIM_PLANLAMA, REZERVASYON

GROUP0,          1,          1,          1,          1,

GROUP1,          1,          0,          0,          0,

GROUP2,          1,          1,          1,          0,

];

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's hard to say without knowing the complete logic behind.

But by assuming a lot of things (and assuming MUHASEBE, GELIR_YONETIMI, URETIM_PLANLAMA, REZERVASYON are your sheet names), I would say, yes, it should be possible by modifying your script.

So, if you only have sheet named MUHASEBE in your copy of the application, just keep GROUP and MUHASEBE fields.

(In your front end, the logic to hide / show the sheet needs to be implemented, of course, that's why I said 'copy of the application', I am assuming that you want to copy an existing app and just remove some sheets).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's hard to say without knowing the complete logic behind.

But by assuming a lot of things (and assuming MUHASEBE, GELIR_YONETIMI, URETIM_PLANLAMA, REZERVASYON are your sheet names), I would say, yes, it should be possible by modifying your script.

So, if you only have sheet named MUHASEBE in your copy of the application, just keep GROUP and MUHASEBE fields.

(In your front end, the logic to hide / show the sheet needs to be implemented, of course, that's why I said 'copy of the application', I am assuming that you want to copy an existing app and just remove some sheets).

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Many thank for your reply to my post . i think you understand what i want. below is written by the one who create the QV doc enclosed.

I have attached an example based on what is suggested in "Data protection and security in QlikView" document, i.e. I defined a condition for each sheet in sheet properties.

Pls. try to open it by the following userid/pwd combinations and see if it works, when you open it with "Administrator", you may see the script.

UserId, Password

--------------------------------------------------

ADMINISTRATOR, ADMINISTRATOR

U1, U1

U2, U2

in my next post i will attach the QV Doc.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Enclosed is the QV doc i want to follow. but then after i manage to open the enclosed qv doc using administrator p/w , the next time when i open it never ask for p/w again , may i know why ?

Paul

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I can open the doc using ADMINISTRATOR / ADMINISTRATOR, but I don't get admin rights to open the script. I am still seeing 4 tabs. I do see the table is reduced to GROUP0, but all 4 columns (sheet names) are set to 1.

If I open as U1/U1, the table is reduced to GROUP1 and I do only see the first sheet (other sheet values are zero).

I think the user name and password are cached, you'll need to close / reopen QV application (close the windows desktop application completely).

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Many thank . you are right i need to close the QV app , so that it will allow mw to enter the PW.

Bt the way i try to use the below quote , to state that PNL sheet name i need to control , the rest

i don't need to mentioned in my script , which evey one can view.

Section Application;

SheetSec:

LOAD * INLINE [

GROUP,          PNL

GROUP0,          1,

GROUP1,          0,

GROUP2,          0,

];

of cos now the control sheet name = PNL

and i will start to implement in my actual doc. once again thank you for your help,

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

I encounter one more issue when i try to implement sheet control into my qv doc.

my actual qv doc , every sheet at condition have script :-

match(vSheetVisible,'0','1')>0

meaning when user trigger a button to turn on certain sheet , all the sheet with above script will be hide. ( this allow use to turn on certain sheet.)

Now the sheet name = PNL , which i only allow administrator to view this sheet , in the sheet condition , i need to add script :-

SUM(PNL)>=1

Now my issue is when , administrator happen to press the button " Go to sheet 2 " , the PNL sheet also turn on.

May i know how to hide PNL sheet when user press button " Go To Sheet 2" ?

what i need is how to add , match(vSheetVisible,'0','1')>0  with SUM(PNL)>=1 ?

so this sheet will work as my wish.

Hope you can help me.

Enclosed my QV doc , which work i have desc as above.

Paul