Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to hide a column in a pivot table

Hello,

I have read a number of discussions about this same topic on tricks to hide columns in a pivot table using conditional show on the expression or changing the background colour on the expression to ARGB(0,0,0,0) and then shrinking the column size.

I have a pivot table where  I am calculating Percentages of Manual & Non-Manual Appointments. As shown below.

The user requirement is to hide the Manual percentage column and only show the Non-manual Percentages.

The expression which provides the Percentages is as follows:

Num(count({<[Type]>}DS_ID)/Count(TOTAL<Producttype,MthNameCreated_dt,DSWeek,DSCreated> DS_ID), '#,##0.00%')

I have tried a conditional show on the expression as shown below

if([Type]='Manual',Null(),Num(count({<[Type]>}DS_ID)/Count(TOTAL<Producttype,MthNameCreated_dt,DSWeek,DSCreated> DS_ID), '#,##0.00%'))

The results shown below is what I get.

I want to hide the Percentages Manual column circled in diagram below.

Any ideas?

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you able to share sample application

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

when using manual / non manual as a dimension and use only  1 expression it is possible.

Search for concatenated fact table.

gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Anil for your response.

I have tweaked your suggestion slightly and have attached a sample version of the application with the pivot table and some data.

The requirement is for the expression called Percentage to show values for Non-Manual only and hide the Manual Percentage.

gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your update.

I will search for your suggestion and try it out.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You want to suppress only for Jan-2017?? Or where Manual is Null we need to remove those in your report?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

I want to suppress for all. Remove the Manual column under percentages, so they are not showing on the report.

Thnx

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or you could try creating an artificial dimension (with values 'Manual', 'Non-Manual') using the ValueList() function, and thereby activating the Suppress when Value is 0/NULL feature of other table objects.

For an explanation with examples, see here: Re: How to hide a entire column where fields are empty/null.