Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide a entire column where fields are empty/null.

Hi, I have a problem. I need to hide a few columns depending on the dimension , and I force to give zero.

I tried to hide an entire column if all values ​​are null , but does not work.

"Suppress Zero values" and "Suppress When Value is Null" is checked in both tabs. Is a pivot table.

Cheers!

5 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you give a Screenshot of your Table and explain, perhaps a sample qvw?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

Have you tried the 'conditional-show' option in the expressions-tab yet?

Maybe you can do something like this in the conditional-show formula:

if(Expression = 0, 0, 1).

This formula assumes that if the expression returns 0 for each individual dimensionvalue, then the grand total of that expression will also be 0.

Of course that doesn't always have to be the case. In those cases you should try an aggr-function where the calculation is made for each dimension value.

Not applicable
Author

Screenshot.png

the selected columns are those that want to hide

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Expression columns in pivot tables are fixed and cannot be hidden, no matter what their content is.

However, if you have multiple expressions (let's say 3 of them, expr1, expr2 and expr3), you can force them to be displayed as columns for an artificial dimension with values E1, E2 and E3 (or whathever you like) in a ValueList() calculated dimension. The expression for the resulting single expression column will become dependent on the Dimension value and will use the same ValueList() in an IF() function. Now if one of those artificial dimension values produces only Zeroes or NULLs for all other dimension values, the column will automatically disappear.

This technique has been discussed many times before in this community. For example, see here:Hide a column in Pivot Table

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

ValueList() will be your savior