Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide partial sum if dimension value is null?

Hi,

I have a pivot table with three dimensions (group, sub group and product). All products are part of a group, but not all products are part of a sub group! In my pivot table I want to show partial sums for sub groups, but only for sub groups that are not null. If I check the 'suppress when value is null' option it suppresses the products that are not part of a sub group. But I want to show them as well. How do I fix this issue?

qv products.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

It looks like you are using Indent mode for your pivot.I may be mistaken but it may not be possible to do what you want to do in indent mode.

What you can try is to modify your expression to use Dimensionality() to override the partial sum when the sub group is null, something like:

=If(Dimensionality() = 2 And Len([Sub Group] = 0, 0, ... current column expression ....)

I think the subtotal is at Dimensionality 2 but you may have to tweak this to work in your table.

And, of course, enable suppress zero values. If it does not work, try turning off indent mode.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post an example document with some data?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Select that dimension and check the supress null value option in dimension tab

Not applicable
Author

If I do this then products that do not have a sub group will be supressed as well (products 1,2 and 5 in screenshot)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

It looks like you are using Indent mode for your pivot.I may be mistaken but it may not be possible to do what you want to do in indent mode.

What you can try is to modify your expression to use Dimensionality() to override the partial sum when the sub group is null, something like:

=If(Dimensionality() = 2 And Len([Sub Group] = 0, 0, ... current column expression ....)

I think the subtotal is at Dimensionality 2 but you may have to tweak this to work in your table.

And, of course, enable suppress zero values. If it does not work, try turning off indent mode.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much! This works perfectly. (with an extra ')' after [Sub Group] 😉 )

It worked using indent mode, so no need to turn it off.