Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to limit a value at 100%

Hi all,

I have the following expression

(count({$<Origin={PLANNED,BOTH},Type={ARRIVEE}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

+count({$<Origin={ACTUAL},Type={ARRIVEE}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

-count({$<Origin={PLANNED},Type={ARRIVEE},Status={CANCELLED}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

//SIG1 = O&M1 +ADD-CAN

-count({$<Type={DEPART},Status={EARLY}>}distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)//SIG2 = EARLY

)

/( //O&M1 = PLANNED

count({$<Origin={PLANNED,BOTH},Type={ARRIVEE}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

)

In some cases the expression will return a value that is greater then 100%

Any idea on how to limit it so that if the value returned is > 100% it'll just show 100%

??

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Check the relative option in expression tab

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

If it is bar graph then set it at Properties>>Axex>>

on Scale set max to 1.0

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately the relative option impacts other values and changes everything

And as for the bar graph suggestion - it's a simple table with values

qlikviewplanned.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Can you attach ur sample

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply again I've attached a picture of it above.. Can't attach the qlikview file as it's too big.

Not applicable
Author

You can use rangemin()

Rangemax(1, 2, 3) will return 3

Rangemin(1, 2, 3) will return 1

Rangemin(Your Expression, 100%) will not return a value > 100%

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Fabrice

Could I ask that you put it in the example given above? I'm not too sure where the Rangemin() would fall in

(count({$<Origin={PLANNED,BOTH},Type={ARRIVEE}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

+count({$<Origin={ACTUAL},Type={ARRIVEE}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

-count({$<Origin={PLANNED},Type={ARRIVEE},Status={CANCELLED}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

//SIG1 = O&M1 +ADD-CAN

-count({$<Type={DEPART},Status={EARLY}>}distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)//SIG2 = EARLY

)

/( //O&M1 = PLANNED

count({$<Origin={PLANNED,BOTH},Type={ARRIVEE}>} distinct DateID&TrainID&Station&Planned)

)

I tried rangemin(

//SIG1 = O&M1 +ADD-CAN

) , 100% )

However that obviously doesn't work.

Not applicable
Author

Sean,

i am not a compilator.

But yes, Rangemin() should include your expression that returns 128% (and that you want to minimize to 100%)

Rangemin(your expression that returns the percentage, 100%)

Perhaps, you have a problem with all the parenthesis, the comment you have put or ...

Fabrice