Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfir1987
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to limit number of dimension ?

Hi,

I`m trying to limit my chart dimension results. My data contain 10 years, but on the default view (when no filter applied)  I want to show only the last 3 years. but in case the user chose a specific year, qlik will show only the selected years.

I just started to work with Qlik today, I will appreciate details explanation.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Instead of having just a field as a dimension you can filter what is coming from the field with some condition. Something like this:

If( Year >= Max(TOTAL Year)-3 , Year ) and then deselect "Include null values" for the dimension...

Underneath is a more sophisticated condition based on the selection to the left "All Years"... I have attached a demo app.

2018-06-20 17_51_29-Settings.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is it QlikView or Qlik Sense you are using?

kfir1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Qlik Sense

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Instead of having just a field as a dimension you can filter what is coming from the field with some condition. Something like this:

If( Year >= Max(TOTAL Year)-3 , Year ) and then deselect "Include null values" for the dimension...

Underneath is a more sophisticated condition based on the selection to the left "All Years"... I have attached a demo app.

2018-06-20 17_51_29-Settings.png

kfir1987
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it very helpful.

Your modification was correct only for half way, because when I try to choose more than 3 I can`t do that and in addition, I can see only the last 3 year from the highest year. for example: let's say I chose the years 2017, 2016 and 2009 - I will not see the year 2009 because this year is not one of 2017,2016,2015 (the configuration is 3 years before the max year that selected).

My request is to show last 3 years by default and if the user selected specific year/s to show them.

Thank You