Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to link to table

Based on selection table pop's up.In that table need to give link to open other feilds.link.PNG.png

Need to give link to give other fields .. part number , part desription ,score etc

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If I understand what you are asking correctly, what you require is conditional show conditions on a number of different multiboxes to show a different multibox dependent on the selection in a field.

In the properties of the Multiboxes you should go to the Layout tab and select the Conditional radio button.  In the Conditional box type this expression:

=Only([Commodity Code Description]) = 'DO NOT USE'

This will show that list of selections only when DO NOT USE is selected.  You will want to have other multiboxes showing on other selected values, I guess.  You can then have another box which shows when there is more than one possible value in that field, the Conditional code for this one will be:

=GetPossibleCount([Commodity Code Description]) <> 1

Hope that I have understood your requirements correctly and that this helps point you in the right direction.

- Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thank again .I got this part.

My requirement is i need to show other fieelds related to that  table when i select link to expand Need to pop up those feilds for that particular supplier..

Please find the screen shotscren shot.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

I should give the link to open the table with part number and part description.. hope you understood now.

Thanks in advance

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The nature of QlikView is that on any selection everything else flexes to only show related information.

The table you show there is not a 'out of the box' type display in QlikView.  I think the best way to achieve it will be to create a chart with Customer as the only dimension.  You will then need to create an expression for each row of your table, eg: Supplier Score would be =max([Supplier Score]) and EW Status would be =maxstring([EW Status]).

For each expression make sure that the Total Mode is set to No Totals.

On the Presentation tab of the Properties tick the Horizontal check box.  This should put customers along the top and your expressions down the left.

This will only work if all the values in the columns only exist in your table once per customer.

If you have lots of customers in the table you may want to put a Calculation Condition on the table - so it does not get too wide.  Just set the Calculation Condition on the General tab to be something like:

=GetPossibleCount(Customer) <= 20

Hope that helps,

Steve

Not applicable
Author

i need to link to a field values (part number, part description,commodity etc)

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm sorry - what do you mean by 'link to'?  Are you wanting to add a web link to something external to the document?

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hyperlink to new object , when they select the field value.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Where is the new object?  Is it an item on the a sheet in this QlikView document, another QlikView document or on a website?  What type of object is it?