Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to link two tables on dimension values in common

Hi,

I have loaded one Excel file (Name of file is Enrollment) which contains data in two tabs.

In sheet-1 I am having data with column name 'Relationship' which contain the names as 'Father' and 'Mother'. For 'Mother' I have 20 line items and for 'Father' I have 30 line items. That is total 50 rows in sheet-1.

In sheet-2 I am having another data with column name 'Relation' which contain the names as 'Father' and 'Mother'. For 'Mother' I have 20 line items and for 'Father' I have 30 line items. That is total 50 rows in sheet-2.

In qlikview my requirement is I have to get output as 40 count for 'Father' and 60 count for 'Mother'.

How to link two tables on column values.....Please help me.

Regards

Aditya G

India

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this will be helpful for you: Unbalanced, n-level hierarchies

- Marcus

arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

If there is no specific reason to have two different tabs, combine both the tabs and load it into Qlikview as single table.

However, if there is a need to have two different tabs then load the two tabs into two different tables.

Then Join both the tables with required fields using the key field "Relationship/Relation". The count function will give you the required result then.

Thanks