Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miklodepiklo
Partner - Contributor III

How to load selection of xls files in folder with Qlik Sense

Dear all,

I'm having a list of Excel files in a folder. I'm trying to load a selection of these files. But I'm getting stuck here since a simple wildcard load isn't getting me anywhere because the names of the files look very alike.

Here's the list of files in the folder:

01022018 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022018 bedrijf 1 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022018 bedrijf 2 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022018 bedrijf 3 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022018 bedrijf 4 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022018 bedrijf 5 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022019 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022019 bedrijf 1 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022019 bedrijf 2 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022019 bedrijf 3 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022019 bedrijf 4 aantal op peildatum.xls

01022019 bedrijf 5 aantal op peildatum.xls

I want to load only the files that do not have the word 'company' in it. What's the best way to do this in Qlik Sense?

Thanks for helping!

11 Replies
miklodepiklo
Author

Hi Marcus,

I did some experimenting with (biff, no labels, table is @1). But it's not working when I use it in a for each loop. It does work with a stand alone load statement though when loading a single file. So in that regard you're right.

Any new ideas?

Mike

marcus_sommer

That's strange because I don't see a significantly technically difference between a stand-alone load and the load within the filelist-loop especially as this method worked within a wildcard-loop. So I tend to think that this is a bug ...

An alternatively to this might be to read the available sheets per odbc and then picking there the first one and/or applying some further checks to identify the right sheet - this could go to checks on the sheetnames and/or loading some data (maybe the header and the first record) within a pre-load. How it could be done, see here: Loading Multiple Excel Sheets Dynamically along with file name and sheet name.

- Marcus