Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlickySense
Creator
Creator

How to load without concatenate fields with same name

Hello,

I got several tables where names are alike (not all, but lot of them). They not necessary represent same things so I dont want to concatenate them (and no one will convince me that its good thing in this scenario). Moreover, I know I can do something like '1' as XX  in one table, '2' as XX in second table etc and then do set analysis in expression to count given variable where XX = 1  but what if I need variable (from certain able, not concatenated) as dimension? 

I tried
Tab1:

Variables

Noconcatenate

Tab2:

Variables

and so on, but It didnt work for me 

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@QlickySense  try to wrap variables in single quotes '$(variable_name)'

QlickySense
Creator
Creator
Author

Each variable? and then put 'Table name' as TableName for each table and do set analysis as expression to identify from which table expression should be counted etc, but variables will remain unconcatenated so I can use them freely as dimension, once spotted in field list?

Kushal_Chawda

@QlickySense  Yes. you could do that. If you could also create some sample examples of your need then it will be helpful

QlickySense
Creator
Creator
Author

It didnt worked for me (the syntax completly omit the $(var name). okay I just managed to created every variable AS 

Mellissa468
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also facing the issue, please help me to resolve this issue.

My Card Statement

Kushal_Chawda

@QlickySense  Please create some examples of what you are trying to do and what is expected