Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make a Join (in Data model) where 'id' is not exists then join to other IDs

Dear Expertis,

I have a one requirement about make a data model use the below requirements.

i have a two tables

Tabel1         Id variable having data like   'Ref_id','Mi_Ref'

id,

Name

Table2

id,           Id variable having data like  'Ref_id'

Adress

there are other Tables has to join to these two tables now my question is how to join(in data model) table1 and Table2 where 'id' is not exists then Mi-Ref need to give the information in front end level or join to 'Mi_ref',obviously when id is exists then it will display all the related 'id' data in front side but i dont know how to show 'Mi_ref ' data when i select 'Mi_ref' because in the data model they are joined using 'Id's .i dont know does it make sense or not.

Please guide me how to solve this.

Regards,

Ram

16 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Having island tables is not recommended

Can you post excel file with dummy data for each table

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Atkinson,

this solution is very close to me but i am not able go through it ,is that possible can you please guide me on my sample application ,I am attaching sample for your reference.

Not applicable
Author

yes Atkins you are right and i have more fields in that table for your example i have keep it only 2 fileds

Not applicable
Author

Please find attached Sample Apps and Sample data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See if this meets your need.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Atkinson ,

Unfortunately the RET selection doesn't working 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's because the RET isn't on the Fact table.  I thought you wanted to link through the fact table?

Otherwise, you could do something like the attachment.  But it may or may not work depending on your data.