Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make a chart showing the calculated percentage point difference between two periods?

Hi

I have made a bar chart showing the percentage of the student mass, who are foreign students.

I have data from 2013-2016 so far. Every year new data is added.

The chart looks like this, with percentage on the y-axis:

billede.png

the code I used looks like this:

=num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal)))

Now I would like to make a bar chart showing the percentage point difference from one year to the next.

I thought it would be smart to make the code dynamic, so I don't have to maintain it, every time a new year is added.

I have tried the folowwing code, but it does not work:

=num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal)))

-
num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}, [Aargang]={Aargang}-1>}PERSON_ID) /(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Aargang]={(Aargang}-1>}bestand_antal)))

The first part is just a copy of the old code, whick shows the percentage number every year. So I thought that I could just copy it, and add a "go one year back and compare" statement (year=Aargang). But it says error in expression.

How do I tell QV to compare the percentage from one year with the year before?

I know that there will be no data in 2013, because it is the first year.

I have made a vMinAargang and a vMaxAargang variable, but I haven't used them (yet).

Kind regards

Maria

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Maria,

Have a look at Above() function. Something like:

num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal)))

-

Above(num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal))))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Maria,

Have a look at Above() function. Something like:

num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal)))

-

Above(num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal))))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi David

This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks!

I tried to add '###0%' to get the data shown in I percentage.

QV says "expression ok", but the data disappears when I click ok??

This is what I wrote:

=num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal)),'###0%') -
Above(num(count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/(sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal))),'###0%')

Do you know why it doesn't work?

daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Maria,

There is a typo in the the expression with num()

This should work:

(

count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)/

sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal)

) -
Above(

count({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'},[Hjemland2]={'Udenlandsk'}>}PERSON_ID)

/sum({<over_udd={'Bachelor', 'Kandidat'}>}bestand_antal)))

)

You can format the number to percentage in the chart properties:

Regards,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it does - thanks