Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to make expression independent of selection when used Valuelist

Hello Everyone,

I am facing a problem in making a expression independent of selection for one field , as I am using 2 dimension one is valuelist and other one is Financial month , and in the expression I want to see the data for the complete year but when I am using selection in Financial month it is selecting that month data and not showing all the months so not sure that it is due to valuelist function or I am doin some mistake.

Thank you

Ferha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, that's a bit weird. But try this: If(only({<Month=>}ValueList('A','B'))='A',Sum({<Month=>}Amount),If(only({<Month=>}ValueList('A','B'))='B',Sum({<Month=>}Value)))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need to add something to your expressions to make them ignore selections in the financial month field. For example if you have sum(Amount) then change it to sum({<[Financial Month]=>}Amount) to ignore selections in the field [Financial Month].

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes I did that , I have a expression like if(valuelist('Gross','Income')='Gross', sum({<[Financial Month]=>}Amount)) as I have Financial Month as second dimension , but is not giving value for all the month , it is giving value for the selected month not sure because of valuelist function or is there any other way.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please post an example qlikview document that illustrates the problem.

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

In the sample application I want to see all months data even if month is selected, i.e independent of month selection.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, that's a bit weird. But try this: If(only({<Month=>}ValueList('A','B'))='A',Sum({<Month=>}Amount),If(only({<Month=>}ValueList('A','B'))='B',Sum({<Month=>}Value)))

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, a bit weird! but a simpler expression without nested IF works. Try:

If(ValueList('A','B')='A',Sum({<Month>}Amount),Sum({<Month>}Value))

MayilVahanan

HI

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Or, for multiple comparisons, you may go for pick(match()..combination like:

Pick(Match(only({<Month>}ValueList('A','B')), 'A','B'), Sum({<Month>}Amount),Sum({<Month>}Value))

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you Gysbert it is working and yes it is a bit weird as well thanks again...