Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to mergr two fields into one

Hi All,

I want to merge two fields into one. I have these two fields in script LineStartDate and LastBillDate and I want to merge them into one Date field. I have tried renaming them the same but it gives an error, Fields must have unique names.

Please shade some light.

Thanks in advance.

Arsalan

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Under what condition you need to merge these two fields ?

I think you'll need to merge these fields with an IF condition, for example,

IF(LineStartDate>Today(),LastBillDate,LineStartDate) AS Date

Regards,

sunny_talwar

You will need to use a concept called Canonical Calendar. Read here: Canonical Date

Not applicable
Author

Hi Julio,

I have this field called LineStatus, this is where it gets difficult and tricky. Within the LineStatus field, I have four filters: Active, On Hold, Replaced and Cancelled. I have to make a chart where I have to contemplate Active and On Hold with LineStartDate and Cancelled and Replaced filters with both the LineStartDate and also LastBillDate.

Active and On Hold : Line Start Date

Cancelled and Replaced : Line Start Date and also Last Bill Date.

I have NEVER had this situation where I had to make visualizations based on two different dates. If I count Last Bill Date in the chart Active and On Hold will also change along with Cancelled and Replaced which is not part of the report requirements. My DW person has said this is 'doable' in Qlik but I do not know how.

Bottom Line is I need to merge both the Line Start Date and Last Bill Date into one Date with the exception Last Bill Date only filtering out Cancelled and Replaced leaving out Active and On Hold.

Please let me know if you guys need more elaboration this is absolute must for my current project.

Thank you guys for your support.