Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to modify the values in a table

Hi everyone !

I'm pretty new to qlikview and I'm trying to get a hold of this software that looks awesome. The question I have is the following :

• I have uploaded an excel file and created a table out of it
  • I took some values of this table to create a new table in order not to change anything inside the first one (I want to keep it the way it is)
  • I want to modify the values of the second table. For instance, I have expressions such as 100 % BRSS - 200 % TM and I want to trim the expression in order to remove the spaces inside. Then I want to separate the expression before the minus, in order to create two results put in different columns : one with 100%BRSS and one with 200%TM

I don't exactly know how and where to do this on qlikview. And how to do it for every line of the table. Could someone give me an explanation on this ?

Thanks in advance !

4 Replies
bill_markham

Try something like  :

load

mid ( PurgeChar (  '100 % BRSS - 200 % TM' , ' ' ) , index ( PurgeChar (  '100 % BRSS - 200 % TM' , ' ' ) , '-' ) +1  ) as [FirstBit] ,

mid ( PurgeChar (  '100 % BRSS - 200 % TM' , ' ' ) , 1  ,  index ( PurgeChar (  '100 % BRSS - 200 % TM' , ' ' ) , '-' ) -1  ) as [SecondBit] ,

.............. etc.............

You'll find descriptions of the PurgeChar, index & mid functions in the QV Desktop Help

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your answer Bill !

But as I said earlier, I am brand new to qlikview. Where do I have to writte down these command lines ? Because it doesn't seem to work when I write this down in the script.

Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

You can also use below expression where Data is the column name

PurgeChar(Left(Data,Len(Data)-FindOneOf(Data,'-')),' ') as Left,

PurgeChar(Right(Data,Len(Data)-FindOneOf(Data,'-')),' ') as Right

bill_markham

You need them in the load script as you say you did.

When you say 'not work', what kind of not work ?  Could you share the error message and script ?