Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to normalize data in a graph

Hello all,

I have 3 columns of data: Fundname, date and value. The user can select the initial and final dates of the graph which are stored in the variables InitialDate and FinalDate. I would like to show the value of each fund so that in the InitialDate its value was 100, but I am unable to do that. By the moment I have this in the expression:

value*100*if(date>=InitialDate,1,0)*if(date<=Finaldate,1,0)/( {<date={'$(InitialDate)'}>}value)

And as dimensions of the line chart Date and Fundname.

Anyone could help?

Thanks a lot!

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be something like this:

value*100*if(date>=InitialDate,1,0)*if(date<=Finaldate,1,0)/( {<date={'$(InitialDate)'}>}value)

/

FirstSortedValue(TOTAL <Fundname> Aggr(value*100*if(date>=InitialDate,1,0)*if(date<=Finaldate,1,0)/( {<date={'$(InitialDate)'}>}value), Date,Fundname), Aggr(Date, Date,Fundname))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I would try something like:

Sum({<date={">=$(=InitialDate) <=$(=FinalDate)"}>} value) /

Sum({<date={'$(InitialDate)'}>} total value)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, it does not show any graph, any idea?

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to test it out?

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you try my suggestion above?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it didn't work, I approached the solution by creating a temporary 8-column table, that for my purpose works, as no more series will be inserted, but it is not the correct solution.